This post is also available in: Deutsch Français Italiano Español Português Türkçe Albanian Hrvatski
The Mietshäuser Syndikat is a cooperative with unsalaried management commited to the conservation and creation of inexpensive living space in north-western Switzerland.
By cooperative ownership as many houses as possible are to be taken away from speculation for good.
The principle of a residential cooperative provides many advantages for residents:
- secure living conditions
- inexpensive rental fees by consistent application of rent according to cost
- the possibility to co-decide on pending renovations and investments
- comparatively favorable financial conditions of participation for individual members
The Mietshäuser Syndikat is understood as a roof cooperative for more or less self-governing home communities.
The model of a common roof cooperative constitutes the best prerequisite for groups interested in purchasing, is tried and testet many times in Switzerland and provides:
- autonomy for the respective home community (if so desired)
- quick and flexible support by the cooperative (which is often crucial for the success of purchasing a house)
- inexpensive and secure financing by the solidarity of the other home commumities who are already members of the cooperative.
- existing contacts with financial institutions
- access to housing promotion programs